Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the acquisition, development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of cancer and renal disease. This stock is trading up 4.4% at $2.14 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.04-$2.1752-Week Range: $1.28-$5.19 Volume: 1.2 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.15 million Shares of KERX are moving notably higher today in front of its upcoming presentation at the Stifel Nicolaus 2012 Healthcare Conference on Thursday. The company will also be presenting at Rodman & Renshaw's Annual Global Investment Conference on Sept. 10 and at the UBS Global Life Sciences Conference on Sept. 20. >>5 Stocks Poised for Big Breakouts From a technical perspective, KERX is moving higher here right near its 50-day moving average of $1.95 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing KERX within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once KERX takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.22 to $2.34, and then its 200-day moving average of $2.44 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in KERX once it sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1,154,840 share. If that breakout triggers soon, then KERX will have a great chance of getting into a previous gap down zone that started above $5. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV