Codexis (CDXS) is a developer of proprietary biocatalysts, which are enzymes or microbes that initiate or accelerate chemical reactions. This stock is trading up 8.1% at $2.3 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.19-$2.4752-Week Range: $2.01-$6.26 Volume: 161,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 139,955 >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, CDXS is ripping higher here off some near-term support at $2.20 with above average volume. This move is coming after CDXS recently plunged from $4 to a low of $2.01. During that slide lower, shares of CDXS were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, CDXS has now rebounded off its recent low and it's quickly approaching a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CDXS takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $2.55 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CDXS once it sustains a move or close above $2.55 with volume that's near or above 139,955 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CDXS will have a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its 50-day moving average of $3.08.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV