Of course in terms of the cost to our customers or their bills, we have been executing major construction programs over the past several years. And we have been able to bring these construction programs in on budget and on time, which helps us then manage the overall bill impact. You can see how we compare to the national average in all of our major jurisdictions. We're below our national average.
Our customers also where we had the opportunity would like to have choice in terms of demand side management programs. We probably have some of the most mature demand side management programs in the U.S. particularly our CIT programs in Minnesota. We are paid incentives relative to those programs. Last year, 2011, it was a contribution of $71 million to our earnings. Overall, we believe we've avoided building 3,200 megawatts of generation.
On the renewable side, we also have voluntary wind source program in our major jurisdictions, so if customers want to be more green, they can opt for that. And we also have customer incentives available for residential or small businesses that want to put rooftop solar on either their home or their business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV