Microsoft, of course, struck a positive note about the latest Lumia phones. "These are exciting times around Windows Phone," said Terry Myerson, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Windows Phone Division, in a blog post. "In June we showed the first glimpses of Windows Phone 8, our most innovative release ever, and one we can't wait to get in the hands of people around the world later this year."
Microsoft shares slipped 0.38% to $30.27 on Wednesday.
--Written by James Rogers in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV