PLYMOUTH, Minn., Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) today announced a $150,000 gift to provide immediate relief to Louisiana families and individuals impacted by Hurricane Isaac. Donations will be made by The Mosaic Company Foundation to three community partners assisting residents with their immediate needs: $75,000 to Capital Area United Way ( Baton Rouge), $50,000 to Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank and $25,000 to United Way for South Louisiana, ( Houma).
"With more than 500 direct and contract employees at three Louisiana plants, Mosaic is a proud member of the business community in the greater Baton Rouge-New Orleans river corridor," said Steve Susick, Mosaic Louisiana Plant Manager. "We understand the personal hardships that our employees and local citizens near our operations are experiencing as a result of Hurricane Isaac. We hope these funds will help provide some immediate relief to our South Louisiana community in these trying times."
This contribution underscores Mosaic's commitment to supporting the communities where its employees work and live. Globally headquartered in Plymouth, Minn., Mosaic operates crop nutrient manufacturing facilities in Louisiana.
About The Mosaic Company and The Mosaic Company FoundationThe Mosaic Company is the world's leading producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash. Driven by its mission to help the world grow the food it needs, Mosaic is committed to strengthening global food security and protecting critical water resources. The Mosaic Company and The Mosaic Company Foundation make investments in and partner with best-of-class leaders in the focus areas of food, water and local community investments. For more information on The Mosaic Company and The Mosaic Company Foundation, visit www.mosaicco.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV