The Cupertino, Calif.-based company recently sent out invites to the Sept.12 event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater. TheStreet, which will be in attendance, plans to live-blog all the speeches and product introductions.
Whereas the world got a sneak peek of the iPhone 4 two years ago thanks to a prototype left in a bar, Apple has kept its latest announcement well under wraps ahead of Tuesday's event. The tech giant gave little away on the invitation, which declares "it's almost here" and features the number 12 on a plain white background. Intriguingly, however, the 12 casts a shadow that resembles the number 5.
Inevitably, the rumor mill has been churning full speed ahead of the product launch as Apple zealots discuss the device's potential new features, which could include a larger screen, 4G LTE, a powerful A5X processor, and even Near Field Communication (NFC) for mobile payments.Clearly, there's massive pent-up demand for the new product, as evidenced the lull in iPhone sales during Apple's recent fiscal third-quarter results. Apple sold 26 million iPhones, a 28% increase on the same period last year, but down significantly from 35.1 million in the second quarter and 37 million in the first quarter, as consumers await the latest iPhone. Take our poll and tell us the iPhone 5 features that you would most like to see.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV