TORONTO, Sept. 5, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - As Lead Sponsor of the Toronto International Film Festival, Bell today announced a tribute to the art of Canadian filmmaking at this year's Festival. Featuring live and augmented cinema inspired installations by some of Canada's leading street artists and interactive modules showcasing the best of Canadian film, Bell invites both festivalgoers and the general public to share in the experience.
"TIFF is a premier international film festival and Canadian cinema has of course played a leading role in the Festival's growth and continued success. This year Bell is inviting everyone to make our innovative tribute to the success of Canadian film part of their TIFF 2012 experience," said Wade Oosterman, President of Bell Mobility and Residential Services, and Bell's Chief Brand Officer.
Bell has proudly supported TIFF as an official sponsor since 1995, and is Founding Sponsor of TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Live Art: Bell's "O Cinema" Five cinema inspired street-art installations will be created at various times and locations near the main TIFF hub at Roy Thomson Hall beginning at 4 pm on September 6, the first day of the Festival.
- Zek on September 6 from 4 pm to 10:30 pm - facebook.com/zek.montreal
- Monk-e on September 7 from 2 pm to 8 pm - facebook.com/pages/MONKE/16388620771
- Bacon on September 8 from 1 pm to 8 pm - flickr.com/photos/25055234@N05/
- Jarus on September 9 from 1 pm to 8 pm
- Rons on September 10 from 2 pm to 8 pm - ryandineen.com