TORONTO, Sept. 5, 2012 /CNW/ - RBC and the Toronto International Film Festival® today announced the winners of the 2012 RBC Emerging Filmmakers Competition. The films were reviewed by an esteemed panel of producers, directors and executives and the winning filmmakers have been awarded the following:
NATIONAL WINNER: $15,000 Jordan Canning - ( St. John's, Newfoundland) SECONDS - A man's life flashes before his eyes as he chokes to death on a piece of meat.
HONOURABLE MENTION: $10,000 Johnny Ma - ( Toronto, Ontario) DEC 32 - The world struggles with an unprecedented situation where time stops before the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.
FAN FAVOURITE: $5,000 Nimisha Mukerji - ( Vancouver, British Columbia) THE ARRIVAL HOUR - A newcomer arrives in Vancouver and searches for her destination through the night.Each year, participants are provided a theme to guide their creative process and the theme for 2012 was "Time." The national winner and honourable mention were selected from 17 submissions narrowed to five finalists by the jury panel. Additionally, Canadians from coast to coast had the opportunity to participate by viewing the five finalist's films online and voting for the Fan Favourite Award. "These talented filmmakers submitted thoughtful films with unique treatment of the theme," said Piers Handling, director and CEO, TIFF. "Talent Lab is an integral element of our TIFF Industry programming. The Emerging Filmmaker's Competition is a natural extension of that initiative. We are proud to partner with RBC because they share in our commitment to the growth and development of the next generation of talent."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV