NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- When shopping for dividend stocks it is important to fill your cart with really successful companies that build their strategies on vivid and hardy forms of differentiation. These leading companies are unique in that they provide lasting competitive advantage by learning how to sustain differentiation over time and through constant change.
One company that has built a powerful model of repeatability is Clorox (CLX). An estimated eight out of 10 American households use Clorox brand bleach and the globally recognized consumer brand conglomerate sells products in more than 100 countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Since its founding in 1913, Clorox has earned the trust and respect of people everywhere. The Clorox regular bleach remains the most trusted brand of bleach and the Clorox disinfecting products help eliminate germs around the globe.
Clorox is a member of the S&P 500, a Dividend Aristocrat, a member of the Broad Dividend Achievers Index and a Dividend Champion. The company's peer group includes: Procter & Gamble (PG) with a 3.3% yield, Colgate-Palmolive (CL) with a 2.3% yield and Kimberly-Clark (KMB) with a 3.5% yield.Clorox is a stalwart dividend stock as the company has maintained and increased its dividend for over 35 consecutive years. The consumer giant, with a market capitalization of $9.46 billion, recently increased its dividend yield by 6.67% (from $.6000 to $.6400). The current stock price is $72.99 per share and the dividend yield is 3.5%.
Stock Your Cart with Some Repeatable DividendsThe power of a repeatable model like Clorox lies is the way it turns the sources of differentiation into income -- and of course dividends. Clorox has a remarkable record based on decades of consistency, not just paying high returns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV