BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- The stocks that everyone else hates could make you rich.
That sounds like an outlandish claim, I know. But as any contrarian investor knows, when sentiment against the most heavily shorted stocks reaches extremes, it's often a good idea to bet against the crowd. And the crowd has been making big bets against a handful of stocks in 2012.
But there's more to it than just that. It's not just an opinion -- the data bear the strategy out as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV