NEW YORK --
Amazon (AMZN) has a major event planned in Santa Monica, Calif., on Thursday. The company hasn't disclosed what it will say but it's expected to unveil a new Kindle Fire. It's also likely to announce the newest versions of its line of Kindle e-readers, according to reports.
Navistar International (NAV), the heavy truck and recreational vehicle maker, is expected by analysts Thursday to post a fiscal third-quarter loss of $1.36 a share on revenue of $2.96 billion.
Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV) , the homebuilder, is seen reporting a third-quarter loss of 14 cents a share on revenue of $413.2 million. Mark Cuban Gets Facebook; Most Others Don't
Supervalu (SVU) plans to close about 60 stores. The grocer said Wednesday it would close most of the "underperforming or non-strategic stores" before Dec. 1. The company suspended its dividend in June and said it was reviewing its options with financial advisers, including a possible sale of the company.
The board of General Growth Properties (GGP), the mall owner, is looking to hire an investment bank, a week after activist investor Bill Ackman stepped up pressure on the company to consider putting itself up for sale, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. Why Apple Is Checking Out Wal-Mart
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV