WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that its FTI Technology business practice has published the results of a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigation survey of 114 legal and accounting professionals who have handled e-discovery matters for either multinational investigations or cross-border litigation. In this complimentary report, The Experts Weigh In: E-discovery Strategies for International Anti-bribery Investigations, leading experts in the field share their thoughts on key trends and best practices for matters ranging from FCPA, the UK Bribery Act and whistleblower investigations.
"Multinational investigations such as FCPA matters present complex challenges for legal teams, including data privacy laws, time pressures and language barriers," said Craig Earnshaw, a Managing Director in the Technology practice at FTI Consulting in its London office. "The survey results provide practical guidance on meeting these challenges and conducting a defensible foreign document collection and review for FCPA and other types of investigations."
Among the report's key findings:
- Forty-eight percent of respondents have conducted investigations requiring data collection in China.
- Forty percent have spent more than USD $500,000 conducting multinational investigations.
- Fifty-four percent said data privacy is the #1 challenge for multinational investigations.
- Seventy-six percent expect an increase in data privacy requirements in the coming years.
- On site: Because of the firm's global footprint, FTI Technology professionals can quickly deploy anywhere in the world to uncover data critical to an investigation. In most cases, the team can be up and running in less than a day. Clients benefit from control over their most sensitive data with the assurance that a defensible process is in place and in compliance with data privacy requirements.
- Technology: The FTI Technology team can collect, process and use portable implementations of the firm's award-winning e-discovery technology to review data without transferring the electronically stored information off-site to another jurisdiction. The highly scalable software enables the easy handling of volumes ranging from a few gigabytes to multiple terabytes of data.
- Global expertise: Clients benefit from the firm's extensive experience managing global matters, including in-country cultural awareness, multi-lingual capabilities and discrete execution processes that minimize disruption to clients' regular course of business. In addition, the forensic teams at FTI Technology have the credentials and experience to testify in local courts in support of collections protocols and methods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV