Sept. 5, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT,
The Small Business Authority
, a national distributor of business services and financial products to small and medium size businesses, has announced a national television advertising campaign. Newtek has selected Ocean Media, LLC as their media planner and buyer. Ocean Media specializes in media planning and buying for the delivery of effective television and advertising strategies. It has created innovative media campaigns for several companies like Priceline.com, Angieslist.com, and Overstock.com. Newtek Business Services, with their highly skilled staff of trained professionals, is dedicated to help businesses grow their sales, improve their technological efficiencies and reduce their cost of doing business.
President and CEO
said, "The next step in the acceleration of Newtek, 'The Small Business Authority's' growth will be the launch on
September 10, 2012
of our national television campaign. We have proudly selected Ocean Media as our advisor for strategic planning and purchases for our new program. Ocean Media was at the forefront and development of companies like Priceline.com, Angieslist.com and Overstock.com by working side by side with the principals of those organizations to promote a national and even global awareness of their outstanding products, services and global brands. We are excited to be working with the talent pool at Ocean Media.
, CEO and founder of Ocean Media, and his executives are working with our marketing team to make Newtek, 'The Small Business Authority,' the brand and destination for independent business owners nationwide. Our initial commercials will focus on The Small Business Authority's willingness to lend money to independent business owners across the United States. Small businesses need capital to grow and create jobs and Newtek is positioned to provide such capital. As the nation's largest non-bank lender of government guaranteed loans, equipped with the necessary capital resources and technology, our increased market awareness we expect will propel our growth in our lending business segment. We will announce other targeted 'Small Business Authority' product specials and services on a regular basis through this media."
"We are very excited to have the opportunity to grow Newtek and increase its visibility to small business owners. They offer many quality products and services that these small business owners need right now. With the launch of our campaign focusing on small business loans, we expect their lending arm to grow rapidly while also helping to expand their business as a whole," said
, CEO and founder of Ocean Media.
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
The Small Business Authority
, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing : eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce : A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending : Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans through its lending subsidiary Newtek Small Business Finance, Inc.
- Insurance Services : Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll : Complete payroll management and processing services.
Business Services, Inc.,
The Small Business Authority
, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek
brand. Since 1999,
has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace.
provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek
brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in
the United States
, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Ocean Media (
) is a leading independent media planning and buying agency, founded in 1996 and based in
Huntington Beach, Calif.
Adhering to the philosophy that return on investment (ROI) should be at the forefront of every advertising campaign, Ocean Media develops media strategies that reach the right audience, incite action and generate results. With transparency and a risk-averse focus on continuous testing and evaluation, comprehensive analytics and optimization, Ocean Media has been the media architect behind campaigns that built such name brands as
, among others.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations, are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through
Rubenstein Public Relations Telephone: (212) 843-9335Contact:
SOURCE Newtek Business Services, Inc.