SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OpenTable (NASDAQ: OPEN), a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners and reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants, today announced that OpenTable has generated more than 15 million reviews by verified diners, establishing OpenTable as one of the largest and most trusted sources for restaurant reviews.
In celebration of the milestone, OpenTable is sharing an infographic illustrating OpenTable diner review trends and behaviors since the launch of the program in November 2008.
"Since we launched our reviews program in 2008, restaurant reviews have become an integral part of the dining experience," said Ann Shepherd, OpenTable Senior Vice President of Marketing. "For a growing number of people, the experience of dining out now starts with consulting our trusted online consumer reviews to find the perfect spot and culminates with writing a review that will benefit others. The beauty of this virtuous cycle is that it benefits both our diner community and restaurant customers."
Some of the unique features of the OpenTable reviews program include:
- Verified Diners: Diners who have honored an OpenTable reservation are invited via email to provide a review. Only reviews by verified diners are published on OpenTable.
- Relevance and Timeliness: To ensure that reviews are useful and current, submissions are moderated in accordance with OpenTable editorial guidelines and deleted after 120 days.
- Restaurant Feedback Loop: OpenTable reviews, along with ratings and trend reports, are delivered directly to restaurants via their OpenTable dashboard. Diners may, if they wish, also include a private note to restaurant management and provide their email addresses for follow-up correspondence.
- OpenTable Diners' Choice Lists: The reviews program is also used to create OpenTable Diners' Choice lists showcasing the most highly rated restaurants in more than 25 categories, including Best Overall, Hot Spots, Fit for Foodies, and Most Romantic. With more than 450,000 reviews submitted each month, lists are refreshed frequently to provide the most up-to-date rankings. Lists are also available for more than 100 different metropolitan areas, providing locals and travelers with an array of excellent dining options.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV