The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and consulting firm Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) have selected the comprehensive trial cost database products from Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) to drive research into improving the clinical trial process industry-wide. Through Medidata Grants Manager ® and Medidata CRO Contractor ®, HHS will have access to Medidata’s extensive proprietary databases containing information from over 275,000 negotiated clinical site grants and almost 9,000 outsourced R&D contracts.
In support of HHS’ goal of bringing health-related innovation to the public faster, ERG will analyze Medidata’s trial cost data to identify factors that delay or derail clinical studies. ERG will also assist HHS in assessing the economic benefit of implementing policies that encourage more streamlined clinical trials for the efficient delivery of safe and effective new therapies.
Medidata Grants Manager and Medidata CRO Contractor data solutions are widely used by pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations (CROs) and academic researchers to identify prevailing rates for trial planning, budget development and grant negotiation. Uniquely, Medidata Grants Manager’s database, PICAS ®, and CRO Contractor’s database, CROCAS ®, contain hundreds of thousands of data elements derived from actual negotiated contracts, analyzable at any combination of therapeutic level, phase or geography, in easy-to-use computer-based analytic tools. With this breadth of globally accessible real-world information, these databases have become an industry standard for measuring trial cost trends.
The HHS and ERG research will be conducted over the next several months, with results expected by the end of this year.
- “Medidata’s PICAS and CROCAS databases are the perfect inputs to our research, providing the broadest, most comprehensive collection of real-world negotiated trial costs that can be disaggregated and examined,” said Aylin Sertkaya, vice president, ERG.
- “We are delighted to have HHS leveraging the Medidata platform in the pursuit of more efficient clinical trials, with the ultimate goal of getting effective therapies to the patients who need them,” said Glen de Vries, president, Medidata Solutions. “While our data products are used by a broad set of life sciences companies to efficiently plan and manage their trials on a daily basis, they are also increasingly a key input for the vital research driving innovative improvements on an industry-wide scale.”
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: Extensive trial cost benchmark data from @Medidata chosen by @HHSGov for research to reform #clinical development http://bit.ly/NaygEK
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV