NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Popular searches on the Internet include McDonald's (MCD) upon the announcement that the fast food chain known for its hamburgers will be opening vegetarian-only restaurants in India.
McDonald's plans to open the vegetarian restaurants in northern Indian cities populated by Hindus and Sikhs. One restaurant will be in Amritsar, which houses a holy site for Sikhs, the Golden Temple. Another will be in Katra in Jammu Kashmir, which is largely populated by Hindus.
The restaurants will feature items like the McAloo Tikki, a burger consisting of a breaded potato patty with onions, tomatoes and a vegetable sauce, or the Pizza McPuff, a pastry consisting of vegetables and cheese.
McDonald's already caters to Indians by leaving beef and pork off its menus in the country. Hindus, which make up the majority of India's population, do not eat beef for religious reasons.India is the world's second most populous nation, yet McDonald's currently only has 250 locations in the country, of its more than 33,500.
FedEx (FDX) is trending upon cutting its earnings forecast. "Weakness in the global economy constrained revenue growth at FedEx Express more than expected in the earlier guidance," FedEx said. FedEx expects to earn $1.37 a share in its fiscal first quarter, compared with its earlier forecast of $1.45 to $1.60 a share. The reduced forecast is the second time since June the company's profit estimate has failed to meet analysts' predictions. In June, the company lowered its forecast for U.S. economic growth to 2.2% for the year ending May 31, down from its previous prediction of 2.3%. With its large size and worldwide presence, FedEx is often considered a bellwether of the global economy.
ING Group (ING) is another popular search. The Dutch company plans to sell its 9% stake in Capital One (COF).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV