MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS), a leader in innovative ultra-miniature projection display technology and Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: ISIL), a world leader in the design and manufacture of high performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors, today announced an agreement to partner on the development of advanced, integrated chipsets (ASICS) for MicroVision’s patented high definition (HD) PicoP ® display technology. This collaboration is expected to strengthen the technology and business roadmap for PicoP display technology by:
- integrating advanced features such as virtual touch and proximity sensing
- increasing brightness
- reducing power consumption and component size
- lowering the cost of the overall solution.
The combination of increased brightness, low power consumption and small component size together with HD resolution produces a highly efficient projection solution that makes PicoP display technology an optimal choice for embedding in mobile devices. Under the agreement announced today, Intersil will invest in developing the ASICs supporting the solution based on MicroVision’s reference design.
“MicroVision is pleased to partner with Intersil to progress our award winning PicoP display technology on its roadmap, and to work with a strategic supply chain partner that is providing strong marketing and distribution support as well as best in class components,” said Alexander Tokman, president and CEO of MicroVision. “The development and marketing investments Intersil is making in this partnership demonstrate its belief in the pico projection market and MicroVision’s patented solution.”
“Our collaboration with MicroVision demonstrates Intersil’s commitment to the pico projector market to provide compelling solutions for embedded applications,” said Dave Bell, president and CEO of Intersil. “We believe the combination of our chipset and MicroVision’s advanced PicoP display capabilities with game changing features will have great appeal in a broad range of emerging pico projector devices.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV