Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, today announced Autodesk Revit LT software, a new addition to its award winning family of Revit software products. Designed for architects, designers and building industry professionals using 2D workflows who are looking to transition to the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process, Autodesk Revit LT software delivers a focused 3D application to help users create higher-quality and more accurate designs and documentation.
“Autodesk Revit LT reflects our commitment to provide architects, designers and building professionals, particularly those in small firms, the tools they need to ease the transition to get started with—and take advantage of—a BIM workflow,” said Amar Hanspal, Autodesk senior vice president, information modeling products. “With Revit LT, customers can deliver higher-quality, more accurate designs and documentation—allowing them to bring projects to market faster and save time and money.”
Autodesk Revit LT is built on the Revit platform for BIM and allows users to create designs efficiently with 3D, real-world building objects to produce reliable, coordinated documentation faster. Revit-based applications help deliver better coordination and quality, and can contribute to higher profitability for architects, design professionals and the rest of the building team. Some of the benefits of Revit LT include:
- Work more efficiently with a single, coordinated model that allows users to concurrently design and document building projects. Autodesk Revit LT automatically manages iterative changes to building models throughout the documentation process. As a result, a consistent representation of the building is maintained, helping to improve drawing coordination and reducing errors.
- Design and visualize in 3D. Revit LT allows users to see their designs virtually, improving their understanding of the building and its spaces, and helping them communicate design ideas to clients more clearly and effectively.
- Create photorealistic renderings in the cloud. Users who purchase Autodesk Subscription with Revit LT can render in the cloud directly from the Revit LT interface, enabling them to produce compelling, photorealistic visualizations without tying up their desktop.
- Exchange designs in the DWG or RVT file formats. Produce designs in the DWG file format, and experience fluid file exchange with project team members using other Autodesk Revit software applications.
AvailabilityAutodesk Revit LT 2013 is scheduled to be available within the month in North America and in select countries worldwide. The product is available as a standalone version and as part of the new AutoCAD Revit LT Suite 2013, which includes both Autodesk Revit LT 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013. Product availability varies by country. Details and purchasing options are available at www.autodesk.com/revitlt About Autodesk Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries -- including the last 17 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects -- use Autodesk software to design, visualize and simulate their ideas. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software for global markets. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com. Autodesk, AutoCAD, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2012 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts