Capital and Liquidity
As of July 31, 2012, the Company had $231.5 million outstanding, excluding $4.3 million of letters of credit, under its asset-based loan facility. Additionally, as of July 31, 2012, the Company had $135.7 million of immediately available borrowing capacity, and an additional $78.6 million that could become available upon increases in eligible inventory and customer receivable balances under the borrowing base.
Outlook and Guidance
The Company increased earnings guidance for the fiscal year ending January 31, 2013, to diluted earnings per share of $1.40 to $1.50. The following expectations were considered in developing the guidance for the full year:
Conference Call Information
- Same stores sales up 10% to 15%;
- New store openings of five;
- Retail gross margin between 33.5% and 34.5%;
- An increase in the credit portfolio balance;
- Provision for bad debts of between 5.5% and 6.5% of the average portfolio balance outstanding; and
- Selling, general and administrative expense, as a percent of revenues, between 28.5% and 29.5% of total revenues.
Conn’s, Inc. will host a conference call and audio webcast on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at 10:00 A.M. CT, to discuss its earnings and operating performance for the quarter. A link to the live webcast, which will be archived for one year, and slides to be referred to during the call will be available at
. Participants can join the call by dialing 877-754-5302 or 678-894-3020. Additionally, the Company has posted an updated investor presentation to its investor relations web page.
About Conn’s, Inc.
The Company is a specialty retailer currently operating 65 retail locations in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma: with 22 stores in the Houston area, 14 in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, seven in San Antonio, three in Austin, one in Waco, five in Southeast Texas, one in Corpus Christi, four in South Texas, six in Louisiana and two in Oklahoma. The Company’s primary product categories include:
- Home appliance, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, ranges and room air conditioners;
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture for the living room, dining room, bedroom and related accessories and mattresses;
- Consumer electronic, including LCD, LED, 3-D, plasma and DLP televisions, camcorders, digital cameras, Blu-ray players, video game equipment, portable audio and home theater products; and
- Home office, including desktop and notebook computers, tablets, printers and computer accessories.
Additionally, the Company offers a variety of products on a seasonal basis, including lawn and garden equipment, and continues to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to its customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of its competitors, the Company provides flexible in-house credit options for its customers, in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans. In the last three years, the Company financed, on average, approximately 61%, including down payments, of its retail sales under its in-house financing plan.