SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced it is shipping in production all three of its 28-nm FPGA families, including Stratix® V, Arria® V and Cyclone® V devices. Altera achieves this industry milestone with the latest shipment of the largest Cyclone V FPGA in its low-cost, low-power product family. With this announcement, Altera maintains its technology leadership at 28-nm by being first to deliver production-qualified, optimized solutions across its entire portfolio of high-end, midrange, and low-cost FPGAs, designed to meet the diverse product design and differentiation requirements of customers.
"Customers today are looking to get their solutions to volume production as quickly as possible to accelerate adoption and revenue," said Patrick Dorsey, senior director of component product marketing at Altera. "Altera's focus on enabling production support across all 28-nm families with tailored process technologies, architecture and transceiver technology enables our customers to move rapidly to production with optimized cost, performance and low power."
Cyclone V FPGAsDeveloped on TSMC's 28-nm Low Power (28LP) process, the Cyclone V family provides customers the lowest power and lowest cost at optimal performance levels needed for today's high-volume, cost-sensitive applications. The family also includes variants with an integrated dual-core ARM®-based hard processor system (HPS) that deliver 40 percent lower total power versus the previous generation. Other features of Cyclone V include:
- the industry's absolute lowest-power serial transceivers, with 88-mW power consumption per channel;
- 800-Mbps DDR3 with integrated hard memory controllers;
- PCI Express® (PCIe®) Gen2 hard intellectual property (IP) blocks with multifunction support enabling over 4,000-MIPS processing performance for under 1.8 W.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV