HOUSTON, Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE: COG) today announced that its gross Marcellus production has averaged over 700 million cubic feet (Mmcf) of natural gas per day for the last two weeks, hitting a record 752 Mmcf during one 24-hour period. "This production increase was driven by a coordinated effort to manage field line pressures, rather than new well connections," said Dan O. Dinges, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our infrastructure provider, Williams Partners L.P., recently completed a series of projects and upgrades that improved the pipeline system operating efficiency, allowing for increased production."
This news comes on the heels of recently released data from the state of Pennsylvania, once again indicating that Cabot is a leader in the state's Marcellus production generation. "We had 14 of the top 20 producing wells in the first half of 2012," commented Dinges. "Since the start of our efforts in Pennsylvania our cumulative production has reached 354 billion cubic feet (Bcf) with only 145 producing horizontal wells."
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, headquartered in Houston, Texas is a leading independent natural gas producer, with its entire resource base located in the continental United States. For additional information, visit the Company's Internet homepage at www.cabotog.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Scott Schroeder (281) 589-4993SOURCE Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV