NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Energy Partners, Ltd. (EPL or the Company) (NYSE:EPL) today announced that it has changed its name to EPL Oil & Gas, Inc. The Company's name change became effective on September 1, 2012, as set out in a filing with the Delaware Secretary of State. The common stock of the Company will continue to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "EPL." Along with the name change, the Company has adopted a new logo and updated its website ( www.eplweb.com), and, starting September 1 st, all business activity will be conducted under the new name and logo.
Gary Hanna, the Company's President and CEO, commented, "This change in our name reinforces the transformation we have made in the recent years. For some time, we have generally been referred to as "EPL" in the industry, so this was a natural next step. The name change also eliminates any possible confusion as to our status as a corporation, as opposed to an MLP. This new name allows us to promote that awareness and gives us a fresh perspective as we continue our focused acquire and exploit strategy in the Gulf of Mexico and gulf coast region."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV