DALLAS (AP) â¿¿ Thieves have stolen and sold some rejected tampons that may pose a health risk if used, Kimberly-Clark Corp. said Tuesday.
The Dallas-based consumer products company said that some of its Kotex Natural Balance Security tampons failed final inspection and were sent to an outside company to be destroyed. But at an unknown point they were stolen and the defective products were then sold to the public.
Some of the tampons have increased levels of bacteria, the presence of metallic particles and imperfect raw materials, Kimberly-Clark said. The health risk to consumers is low and that the company has received no complaints from consumers.
The products had been scheduled to be destroyed between October 2011 and June 2012. Kimberly-Clark said it did not know the locations were they were sold.Kimberly-Clark said it is working with the criminal investigation division of the Food and Drug Administration to determine what happened and to recover the product. The company is encouraging all consumers to check their Kotex Natural Balance Security tampon cartons for any of the affected lot codes. Consumers should contact the company at 1-877-485-6839 for instructions on where to send the products for a full refund. Consumers should check the lot codes on the red box located on the bottom of the carton of their tampons. The affected lot codes include: Kotex Natural Balance Regular Absorbency Security Tampons Box of 18 count: AC209621X and AC209622X Box of 36 count: AC209625X Kotex Natural Balance Super Absorbency Security Tampons Box of 36 count: AC127423X, AC209623X and AC209624X Kotex Natural Balance Super Plus Absorbency Security Tampons Box of 18 count: AC127322X, AC127422X, AC213822X, AC213922X, AC214022X and AC214322X Box of 36 count: AC127424X, AC206824X and AC207824X
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV