Bloomin' Brands, Inc. Announces Second Quarter EPS Of $0.16 Or 23% Above A Year Ago; Reports Ninth Consecutive Quarter Of Positive Comparable Restaurant Sales Growth For All Core Domestic Concepts; And Provides Full-Year Guidance For 2012
On July 25, 2012, OSI commenced a tender offer and consent solicitation (the "Offer") for its Notes. On August 13, 2012, OSI accepted for payment approximately $102.2 million, or 41.2%, of the aggregate principal amount of the Notes. The Offer expired on August 21, 2012. On August 13, 2012, the remaining Notes were called for redemption (the "Redemption") on September 12, 2012 (the "Redemption Date") at a redemption price equal to 102.5% of the principal amount outstanding, plus accrued and unpaid interest up to, but excluding, the Redemption Date, representing an aggregate payment of approximately $153.0 million. Funds for the Redemption were deposited in full with the trustee on August 13, 2012 and the related obligation was satisfied and discharged.
Fiscal 2012 Financial Outlook
Below are the Company's current expectations for the full-year 2012:
- Comparable restaurant sales growth of at least 3%.
- Total revenues of approximately $4 billion representing a nearly 4% increase. The Company's longer-term goal is at least 7% annual growth as development pace increases.
- Adjusted income from operations of at least $229 million, and Income from operations of at least $175 million. This includes significant expenses resulting from the Company's IPO and retirement of the Notes.
- Adjusted net income attributable to Bloomin' Brands, Inc. of at least $105 million. This assumes a full year effective tax rate of between 18% and 20%. Net income attributable to Bloomin' Brands, Inc. of approximately $50 million, including expenses described above.
- Based on the Adjusted net income attributable to Bloomin' Brands, Inc. expectation above, Adjusted diluted earnings per share of at least $0.91. This assumes the underwriters for the Company's IPO do not exercise their option to purchase additional shares, which expires on September 6, 2012. The Company estimates that, if the option is exercised in full, the impact could be a $0.01 reduction in Diluted earnings per share for the year.
- Capital expenditures of approximately $200 million to $220 million. New restaurant development expectations include approximately 35 new restaurants: 23 new Company-owned domestic locations, five new Company-owned international locations, and seven new franchised or development joint venture locations.
Conference CallThe Company will host a conference call on Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM EDT. The conference call can be accessed live over the telephone by dialing (877) 941-2068 or (480) 629-9712 for international callers. A replay will be available beginning one hour after the end of the call and can be accessed by dialing (877) 870-5176 or (858) 384-5517 for international callers; the conference ID is 4561707. The replay will be available until Wednesday, September 12, 2012. The call will also be webcast live from the Company's website at http://www.bloominbrands.com under the investor relations section. About Bloomin' Brands, Inc. The Company is one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in the world with a portfolio of leading, differentiated restaurant concepts. The Company has five founder-inspired concepts: Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar and Roy's, with all except Roy's considered core concepts. The Company owns and operates 1,253 restaurants and has 197 restaurants operating under a franchise or joint venture arrangement across 49 states and 21 countries and territories internationally at June 30, 2012. For more information, please visit www.bloominbrands.com . Forward-Looking Statements Certain statements contained herein, including statements under the heading "Fiscal 2012 Financial Outlook," are not based on historical fact and are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the applicable securities laws and regulations. Generally, these statements can be identified by the use of words such as "believes," "estimates," "anticipates," "expects," "feels," "forecasts," "seeks," "projects," "intends," "plans," "may," "will," "should," "could," "would" and similar expressions intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. These forward-looking statements include all matters that are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: price and availability of commodities, such as beef, chicken, shrimp, pork, seafood, dairy, potatoes, onions and energy supplies, which are subject to fluctuation and could increase or decrease more than the Company expects; inflation or deflation; increases in unemployment rates and taxes; increases in labor and health insurance costs; changes in consumer tastes and the level of acceptance of the Company's restaurant concepts (including consumer acceptance of prices); consumer reaction to public health issues; consumer perception of food safety; local, regional, national and international economic conditions; consumer confidence and spending patterns; the seasonality of the Company's business; weather, acts of God and other disasters; demographic trends; the cost of advertising and media; government actions and policies; interest rate changes, compliance with debt covenants and the Company's ability to make debt payments; the availability of credit presently arranged from the Company's revolving credit facilities; and the future cost and availability of credit. Further information on potential factors that could affect the financial results of the Company and its forward-looking statements is included in its Prospectus filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 8, 2012. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as may be required by law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV