Optimer Pharmaceuticals (OPTR) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing hospital specialty products. This stock is trading up 5.2% at $15.82 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 416,000
Average Volume: 402,818Volume % Change: 113% >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar Higher From a technical perspective, OPTR is bouncing strongly here right near its 50-day moving average of $14.93 with heavy above average volume. This move is quickly pushing OPTR within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once OPTR takes out some past overhead resistance levels at $15.87 to $16.39 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in OPTR as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $15.87 to $16.39 with volume that's near or above 402,818 shares. At last check, OPTR has hit an intraday high of $15.89 and volume is just starting to track in above 402,818 shares. If OPTR can trigger that breakout soon, then this stock has an excellent chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its 52-week high of $17.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV