Spire Expands Its UL PV Module Master Listing Offering To Include A New Low Cost And UL Approved Bill Of Materials
Spire Corporation ("Spire") (Nasdaq: SPIR), a global solar company providing capital equipment and turn-key manufacturing lines to produce photovoltaic ("PV") modules and providing engineering, procurement and construction ("EPC") integration services for solar systems announced today that its latest PV module design and Bill of Materials (BOM) have achieved the Master UL Listing by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL). Spire worked closely with FLEXcon for back sheet material, and Arkema for encapsulation materials to design this latest approved module. This module joins Spire’s previous listings, and allows Spire customers more selection in choosing a module design and BOM that is pre-approved by UL.
UL is a global independent organization that conducts safety testing and certification of products. PV system integrators require UL 1703 certified PV modules due to the high safety and quality standards of their installed PV systems. UL has tested and evaluated Spire’s PV module design and determined that it meets the UL 1703 standards for safety and performance.
In addition to the safety and performance qualification, Spire’s newest module design with UL Master Listing incorporates several customer benefits, including:
- Faster time to achieve UL certification,
- Fraction of the total cost to submit a module for design-type qualification,
- Minimal risk of failing UL testing,
- Module design and BOM can be retroactive for previous customers of Spire, and
- Made with FLEXcon backsheet which utilizes the proven protection of Kynar® film to enhance durability.
“With the Master UL Listing certification providing confirmation of Spire's quality and safety, customers can be completely confident deploying our module design, which reinforces Spire’s dedication to quality, innovation, and commitment to provide our customers the best available module designs and materials, and materials supply chain solutions,” said Roger G. Little, Chairman and CEO of Spire Corporation. “Our customers can receive the UL mark within three weeks from startup as opposed to a typical four months lead time from competitors without the UL Listing. Also, startup costs to enter the U.S. market are significantly lower for our customers,” concluded Mr. Little.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV