OAK BROOK, Ill., Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) announced today that it has completed the sale of its Federal Signal Technologies Group ("FSTech") business to 3M Company (NYSE: MMM) for $110 million in cash, subject to working capital adjustments in favor of 3M of approximately $6 million. $22 million of the proceeds will be deposited into escrow to secure Federal Signal's indemnification obligations to 3M post-closing. The transaction will allow the Company to take advantage of certain provisions in its debt agreements which permit prepayment without penalty. The company will immediately repay $75 million of outstanding debt with proceeds from the transaction.
Dennis Martin, Federal Signal's president and chief executive officer stated, "I would like to thank all of the talented employees of FSTech for their innovative contributions and leadership in the intelligent transportation industry. I am confident that the partnership between FSTech and 3M will be a mutually rewarding one." As for the impact of the sale on Federal Signal, Mr. Martin stated, "The timing of the transaction provides us with a valuable opportunity to prepay debt at par, and to refinance the balance of remaining indebtedness in February of 2013. In addition to positively transforming our balance sheet, the sale will allow us to concentrate our focus on profitable growth in our core businesses of industrial and municipal equipment and safety and security solutions."
Jefferies & Co., Inc. advised Federal Signal on the transaction, and Thompson Coburn LLP served as Federal Signal's legal counsel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV