Jimmie Johnson And Team 48 Rally The Support Of Race Fans Through The Lowe's Racing For Relief Program. Since 2000, Lowe's Racing For Relief Has Raised More Than $750,000 For The American Red Cross. (Photo: Business Wire)
Lowe’s announced today it will donate $133,966 to support American Red Cross relief efforts in response to Hurricane Isaac. As part of Lowe’s Racing for Relief program, Lowe’s matched the earnings of five-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson from Sunday’s NASCAR race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports together will donate an additional $48,000 to the Red Cross.
The donations will help provide food, shelter, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by Hurricane Isaac. In addition, Lowe’s stores throughout the United States are accepting donations to the Red Cross at every register. Since partnering with the Red Cross in 1999, Lowe’s and its customers have contributed more than $23 million for disaster relief.
“Lowe’s heartfelt thoughts go out to those impacted by this disaster, many of whom are a part of our Lowe’s family,” said Joan Higginbotham, Lowe’s director of community relations. “By partnering with organizations like the American Red Cross, we’re able to ensure that immediate support and supplies continue to reach those in need.”
As a member of the Red Cross’ Annual Disaster Giving Program, Lowe’s pledges donations on an ongoing basis in advance of disasters to help ensure the Red Cross can take immediate action. Lowe’s provides additional support through the Racing for Relief program. This spring, Lowe’s donated more than $281,000 to the Red Cross, matching Team 48’s earnings at the Kobalt Tools 400 to assist communities affected by a deadly outbreak of tornadoes across the central and southern United States. To date, Racing for Relief has raised more than $750,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV