BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- A short trading week should make for a quiet start to September trading. With big events such as Ben Bernanke's Jackson Hole, Wyoming speech in the rearview mirror this week, that's not such a bad thing.
More than any other year in recent memory, 2012 has lived up to the phrase, "new month, new market." Market swings have taken place as if they're scheduled, the S&P 500 topping back at the end of March, and bottoming at the start of June.
So, with a new month upon us, what does September hold for stocks? If historical seasonality studies are any indication, investors could be in for a good end to the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV