NEW YORK, Sept. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Warren Resources Inc. (Nasdaq:WRES) ("Warren" or the "Company") today announced that it has exercised its preferential rights to acquire additional oil, natural gas and midstream assets from subsidiaries of Anadarko Petroleum Corp ("Anadarko") in the Atlantic Rim Project area, Washakie Basin, Wyoming. Under the preferential rights exercise, Warren has agreed to acquire:
- Up to 100% of Anadarko's working interest in the Spyglass Hill Unit area within the Atlantic Rim Project, consisting of approximately 47,015 net leasehold acres and an approximate 41.5% working interest therein, for a purchase price of approximately $14.4 million for all of Anadarko's interest;
- Up to 100% of Anadarko's working interest in the Catalina Unit area within the Atlantic Rim Project, consisting of approximately 4,232 net leasehold acres and an approximate 19.5% working interest therein, for a purchase price of approximately $2.6 million for all of Anadarko's interest; and
- All (100%) of Anadarko's 50% interest in the gas gathering, compression and pipeline midstream assets ("Midstream Assets") within the Atlantic Rim Project for a purchase price of $4 million.
Warren elected to exercise its preferential rights to purchase Anadarko's interests after Anadarko advised the Company of an agreement to sell these assets to a third party. Depending upon the exercise of preferential rights to purchase the oil and gas assets held by other working interest owners in the Spyglass Hill and Catalina Units, the amount of working interests to be acquired by Warren and the purchase price to be paid by Warren could be reduced proportionately. The effective date of the transaction is anticipated to be August 1, 2012 with the closing expected to occur on or about September 27, 2012. Upon the resignation of Anadarko as the current Operator, the Company anticipates it will become the successor Operator of the Spyglass Hull Unit and the Midstream Assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV