ATLANTA, Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Georgia Natural Gas ® (GNG), Georgia's leading natural gas provider, will award a total of $50,000 in grants to Georgia-based nonprofits on November 15, 2012. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations in the communities served by GNG are invited to apply for a grant now through the September 30, 2012 application deadline.
Georgia Natural Gas is proud to recognize our state's outstanding community organizations. TrueBlue Community Awards acknowledge the effort and dedication of community organizations working hard to bring about positive, lasting change through programs in four key focus areas.
The Focus Areas:
- Children and Education – Initiatives that improve the educational, mental, social, cultural, health and wellness of children.
- Seniors – Initiatives or projects that provide direct services for seniors such as meals, home repair, social and recreational activities, and independent living assistance.
- Energy Assistance -- Projects that facilitate and offer access to energy assistance, home weatherization activities, and energy-saving repairs for vulnerable individuals and families – especially seniors and the disabled.
- Environment/Sustainability – Projects that promote the conservation of natural resources in Georgia through direct activities and education – especially within the residential sector and neglected communities.
To Apply: Visit www.onlygng.com to complete or download an application. Completed applications may be uploaded to Georgia Natural Gas electronically, or submitted by postal mail.TrueBlue Community AwardsGeorgia Natural Gas817 W. Peachtree StreetSuite 1000 Atlanta, Georgia 30308 "The TrueBlue Community Awards were established in 2011 to help create meaningful, lasting change in communities throughout Georgia by recognizing our state's outstanding nonprofit organizations and the extraordinary work they perform for Georgians," says Maurice Baker, manager of community relations for the Atlanta-based company. "The response from every corner of Georgia was so overwhelming last year, we knew we had to do it again this year." About Georgia Natural Gas Georgia Natural Gas (GNG) serves nearly half a million residential, commercial and industrial customers throughout Georgia. GNG is part of SouthStar Energy Services, a Georgia-based joint venture between AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) and Piedmont Natural Gas Co. (NYSE: PNY). SouthStar also operates in Ohio as Ohio Natural Gas, in Florida as Florida Natural Gas, in New York as New York Natural Gas, in the Carolinas as Piedmont Energy, in Maryland as Maryland Energy, and in other parts of the Southeast as SouthStar Energy Services. For more information, visit www.onlygng.com. SOURCE Georgia Natural Gas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV