Inmarsat And JRC Sign Memorandum Of Understanding (MoU) To Integrate Connectivity Solutions For Global XpressÂ®
LONDON, September 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- World leader in maritime electronics JRC in strategic partnership with Inmarsat
- Availability of new high speed data and cost efficient solutions expected to have important impact on Japanese maritime market
- Latest endorsement from the market for Inmarsat's service innovation and roadmap toward Global Xpress®
SMM 2012 Hamburg - Hall B6 Stand 114 - Inmarsat (LSE: ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, announces strategic partnership with JRC, a leading communications provider headquartered in Japan.
Frank Coles, President, Inmarsat Maritime said: "The development of Inmarsat products has always been closely integrated with quality hardware and antenna manufacturers to arrive at superb connectivity solutions. Our 4th generation satellite service, the FleetBroadband platform, has rested heavily on reliable providers like JRC. We are now delighted to extend our partnership with JRC and together develop connectivity solutions for the Global Xpress®programme which will become operational during 2014."
Mr Coles continues: "As the launch of Global Xpress draws closer, Inmarsat is focused on continuing to integrate this new generation of high throughput services (HTS) with reliable and proven hardware solutions into easy to use products for the shipping market. In our effort to create attractive, bundled products we see that the strategic partnership with JRC will be extremely important."Mr Tamiho Shinya, Vice Executive at JRC commented: "We are very pleased to engage in this strategic partnership with Inmarsat Maritime. We look forward to working with Inmarsat to develop a range of connectivity solutions that take advantage of both the FleetBroadband platform and the Global Xpress satellite constellation with its high throughput capabilities. We have already had great success in working with Inmarsat on the FleetBroadband platform where we together developed a range of products, and are excited to extend this partnership. With our global service infrastructure we are ideally positioned to provide fully integrated hardware, airtime and support services for the FleetBroadband and Global Xpress solutions to the shipping industry."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV