Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 19, its best-selling rugged convertible tablet PC. The updated Toughbook 19 now comes with an Intel ® Core TM i5-3320M vPro TM processor (up to 3.3GHz) with Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology. Other enhancements include expanded storage, a more responsive touchpad and an innovative ambient light sensor, allowing automatic backlight shut-off to improve battery life. With these and other upgrades, the reliable Toughbook 19 continues to be the ideal investment for a broad spectrum of demanding work environments, including the military’s front lines, in police and emergency services vehicles, and in the field for use by service workers and utility and maintenance technicians.
Panasonic Toughbook® 19: Key Improvements
- Upgraded processor: Intel ® Core™ i5-3320M vPro TM(up to 3.3GHz) with Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: 500GB 7200rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release)
- Improved battery life: 10% longer, delivering 10 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the touch model
- Added connectivity options: USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster file transfer speeds
- Increased touchpad responsiveness: Now using Interlink’s VersaPad
- Added ambient light sensor: Allows automatic backlight shut-off to enhance battery life
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
For a full list of Toughbook 19 specifications, visit http://www.toughbook.com.
“The rugged Toughbook 19 convertible tablet PC has been reliably serving mission-critical mobile workers for more than half a decade,” said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions for Business. “These upgrades will give users improved performance and functionality along with the quality and durability they have come to trust.”