Rockwell Collins today announced that its Pro Line Fusion ® integrated avionics system has achieved Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification on the Gulfstream PlaneView280™ flight deck.
“The PlaneView280 flight deck with Pro Line Fusion is the most advanced in its class with large format displays and intuitive graphics for all phases of flight and information management capabilities that help streamline flight operations,” said Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “Additionally, the open systems approach we’ve taken with Pro Line Fusion made it possible to add Gulfstream-specific software applications with ease, staying consistent with the look and feel of Gulfstream PlaneView platforms.”
The Pro Line Fusion configuration selected by Gulfstream for the PlaneView280 flight deck includes the following standard features:
- Three high-resolution 15-inch diagonal LCD displays − the largest flight displays available in the industry
- Rockwell Collins’ award-winning MultiScan™ Threat Detection System, which provides optimal, clutter-free weather information that improves situational awareness and enhances safety and passenger comfort by minimizing unexpected turbulence encounters
- User-friendly graphical flight planning capability and Integrated Flight Information System (IFIS) with electronic charts, enhanced maps and graphical weather that reduce pilot workload
- Technologies to accommodate the latest airspace requirements, including Future Air Navigation System Controller-Pilot Data Link Communication (FANS CPDLC); dual advanced Flight Management Systems with Wide Area Augmentation System Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (WAAS/LPV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) capabilities; and a Traffic Surveillance System with Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities.
Irmen also noted that adding the optional Head-up Guidance System (HGS™) with enhanced vision capability to this flight deck further improves operational efficiency, especially in low visibility conditions.Rockwell Collins’ HGS is an advanced head-up display with a powerful high-integrity computer that gives pilots essential flight information and guidance for all phases of flight, from safe and efficient takeoffs all the way to stable and smooth touchdowns. The HGS also is an option on Gulfstream G350 and G500 aircraft, and comes standard on the G450, G550 and G650.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts