BILLERICA, Mass., Sept. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. ("AS&E") (Nasdaq:ASEI), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, announced today the receipt of a $2.5 million order for ZBV ™ R-Class X-ray screening systems — AS&E's rugged ZBV system built for harsh terrain. The ZBV systems will be used by law enforcement officials in Latin America to screen vehicles at checkpoints. This is AS&E's first order from this Latin American country.
"With the ZBV system's outstanding field reports both from Latin America and around the globe, AS&E continues to add new customers in the region," said Anthony Fabiano, AS&E's President and CEO. "This customer joins some of the world's most prestigious government organizations that rely on the ZBV system's unmatched ability to detect drugs, currency, trade fraud, contraband and stowaways."
The ZBV system is available in three configurations — ZBV C-Class, ZBV R-Class, and ZBV S-Class — to meet the diverse needs of ZBV customers:
- ZBV C-Class: The original ZBV system built with a custom coach on a Mercedes-Benz ® Sprinter cab chassis.
- ZBV R-Class: Built for rugged terrain, the Ford ® F550 ® chassis offers 4WD, additional ground clearance and a crew cab for extra space.
- ZBV S-Class: The newest addition to the ZBV line, built in a standard Mercedes-Benz Sprinter panel van for a contemporary appearance and with a reduced operational footprint for scanning objects in the tightest confines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV