BILLERICA, Mass., Sept. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. ("AS&E") (Nasdaq:ASEI), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, announced today the receipt of a $2.5 million order for ZBV ™ R-Class X-ray screening systems — AS&E's rugged ZBV system built for harsh terrain. The ZBV systems will be used by law enforcement officials in Latin America to screen vehicles at checkpoints. This is AS&E's first order from this Latin American country.
"With the ZBV system's outstanding field reports both from Latin America and around the globe, AS&E continues to add new customers in the region," said Anthony Fabiano, AS&E's President and CEO. "This customer joins some of the world's most prestigious government organizations that rely on the ZBV system's unmatched ability to detect drugs, currency, trade fraud, contraband and stowaways."
The ZBV system is available in three configurations — ZBV C-Class, ZBV R-Class, and ZBV S-Class — to meet the diverse needs of ZBV customers:
- ZBV C-Class: The original ZBV system built with a custom coach on a Mercedes-Benz ® Sprinter cab chassis.
- ZBV R-Class: Built for rugged terrain, the Ford ® F550 ® chassis offers 4WD, additional ground clearance and a crew cab for extra space.
- ZBV S-Class: The newest addition to the ZBV line, built in a standard Mercedes-Benz Sprinter panel van for a contemporary appearance and with a reduced operational footprint for scanning objects in the tightest confines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV