SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced two new high-end premium 802.11n Business Access Points (APs) – the NETGEAR ProSafe® WNDAP620 and the WNDAP660 450 Mbps 3x3 Wireless-N Dual Band Access Points. NETGEAR is the only company that provides small-and medium-sized businesses with a choice of affordable 3x3 Dual Band Concurrent and Selectable APs with high throughput. The two new APs deliver up to 50% more throughput compared to current APs, allowing customers to support more concurrent high definition multimedia sessions.
Today's converged wireless enterprise networks must handle multimedia traffic like voice, video and data with high throughput and offer comprehensive Quality of Service (QoS) and granular user management capabilities. The explosive adoption of smartphones and tablets, combined with the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend, requires increased capacity and performance from wireless networks, but without additional management overhead or complexity. The NETGEAR APs support 3x3 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) with three spatial streams to deliver up to 50% faster throughput speeds and improved service area coverage. Advanced wireless security with wireless intrusion prevention services (WIPS), wireless intrusion detection services (WIDS) and RF management make the new NETGEAR access points the most economical solution for small-and mid-sized businesses seeking a secure and efficient way to manage their multi-faceted wireless traffic needs.
The NETGEAR ProSafe 450 Mbps 3x3 Wireless-N Dual Band Access Points feature:
- 3x3 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) with three spatial streams delivering up to 450 Mbps of throughput
- Advanced wireless security (WIPS and WIDS) for better security and network protection
- Advanced technology to improve range and maximize speed and throughput data rates
- Band steering to efficiently load balance clients between 2.4 and 5 GHz (WNDAP660 only)
- Advanced Wireless RF management capabilities to improve spectrum efficiency and user management
- Device-based Quality of Service (QoS) to set different levels of access and service prioritized by user and/or device type
The WNDAP620 Access Points offer users the option to selectively use either the 2.4 or the 5 GHz band for client access, while the WNDAP660 Access Points allow the client to access both the 2.4 and the 5 GHz band concurrently to maximize capacity and flexibility. When required, the WNDAP660 can deliver up to 900 Mbps, offering near Gigabit-like performance comparable to traditional wired networks.