Mr. Churches, a seasoned leader with over 35 years of close-out retailing leadership experience, brings a proven track record of leading companies to high levels of performance. In addition to his success at Big Lots, his tenure at Value City included leading the Home Store Division to $70M in revenue growth, 700 basis points margin improvement, and improved sales productivity through strategic merchandise sourcing. During his overall tenure at Value City from 2002-2006, revenue grew 18 percent from $380 million to $450 million, gross margins increased from 35 percent to 42 percent, and sales productivity improved from $100 to $150/sq. ft. through strategic sourcing of merchandise and securing stronger buys. Mr. Churches also served as President of Mazel Stores from 1995 to 2002, where he expanded operations through both organic growth and acquisitions, while increasing sales six-fold in his first three years. He has also served on the Board of Directors for the Value City – Mazel Joint Venture, Sun Television, and Big Lots, Inc.
ABOUT TUESDAY MORNING
Tuesday Morning is a leading closeout retailer of upscale, decorative home accessories, housewares and famous-maker gifts in the United States. The Company opened its first store in 1974 and currently operates 852 stores in 43 states. Tuesday Morning is nationally known for bringing its more than 9.0 million loyal customers a unique treasure hunt of high-end, first quality, brand name merchandise . . . never seconds or irregulars . . . at prices well below those of department and specialty stores and catalogues.
CONTACT: Jennifer Habicht Perry Street Communications email@example.com 214-965-9955
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV