Total operating expenses for the fiscal 2012 fourth quarter amounted to $4.2 million, versus $3.4 million in the fiscal 2011 fourth quarter, principally due to hiring additional NFS and Vroozi personnel, reflecting a more than doubling of sales activities, along with improvements to infrastructure, additional general and administrative cost of VLS acquisition, which was acquired during second quarter of fiscal 2012, and the provision of third party hardware and software to customers.
Operating income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 rose to $4.7 million, compared with an operating loss of $564,000 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
NetSol achieved net income of $1.9 million for the fiscal fourth quarter, equal to $0.25 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $1.1 million, or $0.19 per share, in the comparable period of the prior fiscal year. This includes a deduction of net income by $2.6 million for non-controlling interest, compared with $504,000 in the comparative period. Weighted average number of diluted shares outstanding for the period was 7.5 million shares, compared with 5.6 million shares for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. The company completed a 1-for-10 reverse stock split of its common stock, effective August 12, 2012.
At June 30, 2012, cash and cash equivalents amounted to $7.6 million.2012 Fourth Quarter Highlights :
- Received new orders for NetSol Financial Suite (NFS™) solution from four new customers, representing more than $9 million in combined license, maintenance, and service billings. The quarter represented NetSol's highest license revenue growth, creating a record high backlog of service billings and new maintenance revenue;
- Signed two new customers for Vroozi, bringing total customers to date to 11. Total revenue for the 2012 fiscal year for the Vroozi division grew to $1.3 million;
- Expanded operations in the Asia Pacific region, increasing delivery and support capability in China and Thailand. With the singing of Santander Consumer Finance S.A., and Chongqing Auto Finance, total customers in China alone grew to more than 16 multinationals and local Chinese companies;
- Signed strategic partnership agreements with NEC India and ABeam Consulting, Japan to jointly develop and support businesses in the asset finance and leasing industry the Asia Pacific region;
- Signed four new agreements in Saudi Arabia through AtheebNetSol, its joint venture company, in the areas of cyber security, application development and consulting. The agreements are collectively valued at approximately $2.0 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV