AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Whole Kids Foundation is partnering with Whole Foods Market ® (NASDAQ: WFM) shoppers, to raise some "green" to support healthy school nutrition though its annual fall fundraiser.
During the first two weeks of September, shoppers can make donations at store registers or online at wholekidsfoundation.org to support the foundation's school programs —including school gardens, salad bars and healthy eating education for teachers — which aim to help children reach optimal health, strength and nutrition through smart food choices.
With the support of Whole Foods Market shoppers, the foundation hopes to raise $2 million with 100 percent of all proceeds going directly to fund school programs. To date, Whole Kids Foundation has funded nearly 900 school garden grants in partnership with FoodCorps and more than 1,500 salad bars with Let's Move Salad Bars to Schools, giving more than one million kids access to healthy food choices.
"We have heard from hundreds of schools and parents about how excited kids have been to try new and healthy foods that have been introduced through school gardens and salad bars," said Nona Evans, president and executive director for Whole Kids Foundation. "Every dollar we raise in September will directly support access to more healthy fresh fruits and vegetables in schools, which can help shape healthier food choices for kids and even parents and teachers."The new foundation grant windows will open just in time for the back-to-school season. Beginning Sept. 9, schools can apply for a salad bar grant online through Let's Move Salad Bars to Schools by visiting saladbars2schools.org or wholekidsfoundation.org. The foundation will also accept applications for its School Garden Grant Program through wholekidsfoundation.org during the month of October. Contact: Robin Rehfield, Robin.Rehfield@wholefoods.com, 617.401.4145 SOURCE Whole Foods Market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV