SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sept. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI), a leading provider of live and on-demand multi-screen IP video processing and delivery solutions, is introducing enhancements to the Envivio Halo™ network media processor, adding support for advanced TV Anytime multi-screen services. Now, operators can offer time-shifted applications such as catch-up TV, start over and network PVR in the HTTP ABR streaming environment, bringing traditional TV applications to mobile devices. Multiple operators in Europe and North America are currently conducting lab trials of Halo's TV Anytime functionality.
One key element now available on Halo is Personalized Index Creation (PIC), a new and advanced approach enabling dynamic asset creation in the network, including highlights creation and time-shifted TV assets. This streamlined solution utilizes bits of content already cached in the network to deliver a unique stream per user. By leveraging the existing caching infrastructure, PIC does not require expensive storage and processing and opens up possibilities for new personalized service offerings.
"The new TV Anytime capabilities available on Halo further enhance the multi-screen user experience by allowing operators to deliver time-shifted TV and customized assets," said Julien Signès, Envivio president and CEO. "Halo's smart, network-optimized architecture offers several benefits to service providers, including increased efficiency, lower costs and the ability to deliver more advanced and personalized services for subscribers."Highlights of Halo with TV Anytime support include:
- Time-shifted TV (catch-up, start over, nPVR) on any screen
- Personalized Index Creation (PIC) using content stored in the network
- Targeted ad insertion and blackout management
- Live-to-file asset and highlights creation
- EAS and Nielsen metadata translation on any screen
- Compatibility with cost-effective storage solutions
- Support for MPEG-DASH with ISO/IEC Common Encryption (CENC) standard
- Support for Flash RTMP
- Packaging and digital rights management (DRM) for up to 100 input channels
- Integrated origin server