- Reported positive top-line phase IIa clinical study results for Archexin. Archexin is being developed as a potential first-in-class inhibitor of the Akt protein kinase (Akt) in cancer cells. Rexahn conducted an open label study to determine the safety and efficacy of Archexin in combination with gemcitabine. This study demonstrated that this combination treatment provided a median survival of 9.1 months compared to the historical survival data of 5.65 months for standard single agent gemcitabine therapy. Rexahn is evaluating options for advancing Archexin, including finding a co-development partner (under Archexin’s orphan drug designation).
- Completed phase I human study of RX-3117. In August 2012 Rexahn concluded its first-in-human clinical study of RX-3117 with its co-development partner, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries. In the study RX-3117 positively met its primary objective of determining the drug’s oral bioavailability in humans. Furthermore, the study supports RX-3117 position as a potential future alternative to market leading anti-metabolite therapies in the treatment of solid tumors in the colon, lung, bladder and pancreas.
- Submitted investigational new drug (IND) application for First-in-Class p68 Helicase Inhibitor RX-5902. In July 2012 Rexahn submitted an IND for RX-5902, an exciting first-in-class p68 RNA helicase inhibitor that has considerable commercial potential. Pre-clinical studies have shown that RX-5902 exhibits very potent anti-tumor activity in various cancers including melanoma, renal, ovarian and pancreatic. Additional studies suggest that RX-5902 is effective in drug-resistant cancer cells and is synergistic when combined with current cancer drugs. Rexahn expects to begin patient enrollment in a Phase I clinical trial for RX-5902 in Q1, 2013.
- Active pursuit of new partnerships. Rexahn is in continuing dialogue with a range of potential partners, including out-licensing or co-development of the company’s promising oncology assets.
- Continuing evaluation of options for building additional value in CNS program (Serdaxin and Zoraxel). Rexahn is exploring options for further development of Serdaxin and Zoraxel, including out-licensing or divesture of the compounds, entering a co-development partnership, and continuation of clinical trials in Major Depressive Disorder for Serdaxin and Erectile Dysfunction for Zoraxel.
- Continue new CEO search. Rexahn continues its search for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to succeed Dr. Chang Ahn. The company expects to name a new CEO in 2012.
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals Provides Update On 2012 Strategic Goals
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.