Durata Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRTX), a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics for patients with infectious diseases and acute illnesses, today announced financial and corporate results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
“We are pleased with the rate of patient enrollment in our ongoing Phase 3 clinical trials for our lead product candidate, dalbavancin, and continue to anticipate submitting a New Drug Application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in the first half of 2013,” said Paul Edick, Chief Executive Officer of Durata Therapeutics, Inc. “As anticipated, our research and development costs have increased substantially over the prior-year period as we move towards completion of our Phase 3 clinical trials.”
Our significant recent accomplishments include the following:
- Completed our initial public offering, resulting in approximately $73.9 million of net proceeds, after deducting underwriting discounts and commissions, or approximately $71.4 million after the payment of $2.5 million of other offering expenses payable by us.
- Progressed our ongoing Phase 3 clinical trials for our lead product candidate, dalbavancin, for the treatment of patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections, or abSSSI.
- Passed the 60% enrollment level needed for our independent data monitoring committee, or DMC, interim analysis of the pooled and blinded early response rate and patient enrollment needed to maintain our 90% power calculation in each of our ongoing Phase 3 clinical trials. In the first trial, the DMC analysis indicated that we did not need to increase our enrollment target. In the analysis of the second trial, the DMC recommendation was to add 184 patients to our enrollment target. Based on our current enrollment rate, we do not expect this to cause any change in our previously disclosed timing of data availability or New Drug Application filing.
- Added Lisa Giles, CEO & President of Giles & Associates and former Vice President of Strategy and Development at G.D. Searle & Company, as an independent director, effective August 3, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV