Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE: NWL) today announced that Doug Martin, 49, has been appointed Chief Financial Officer, succeeding Juan Figuereo.
Appointed CFO of Newell Rubbermaid is Doug Martin, a decisive, results-oriented leader with a strong record of financial operations management across multiple disciplines and geographies. (Photo: Business Wire)
A 25-year veteran of the company, Martin is a decisive, results-oriented leader with a strong record of financial operations management across multiple disciplines and geographies. He most recently served as Deputy Chief Financial Officer, where he is credited with designing a roadmap for streamlining the cost structure of the company and the global finance function. Prior to that, he held a number of key financial leadership positions, including Vice President of Finance – Newell Consumer, with financial responsibility for the company’s largest operating group; Vice President of Finance - Office Products, where he helped drive a significant turnaround in the group’s operating performance; and Corporate Vice President - Treasurer.
“We are making good early progress in the execution of our Growth Game Plan by taking an aggressive stance toward reducing structural costs and working capital, and increasing brand investment,” said Michael Polk, Newell Rubbermaid’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “Doug’s strategic leadership, financial expertise and deep company and industry knowledge will be instrumental to helping us realize our growth ambition.”
Juan Figuereo joined Newell Rubbermaid as its Chief Financial Officer in 2009, with a primary focus on strengthening the company’s balance sheet and operating cash flow. With the balance sheet metrics nearly in line with targeted leverage metrics and the company now focused on growth, Figuereo made the decision to step down. He will remain with the company for the next few months in order to ensure a seamless transition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV