Denbury Resources Inc Stock Upgraded (DNR)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- DNR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DENBURY RESOURCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 35.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $440.97 million or 10.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.55%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, DENBURY RESOURCES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- DENBURY RESOURCES INC's earnings per share declined by 15.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DENBURY RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.41 versus $0.76 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.4% in earnings ($1.39 versus $1.41).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts