A surprisingly vibrant U.S. home market forms one of the reasons for my investment view that the U.S. bond market is a major-league short.
I have been long Lowe's (LOW) and Home Depot (HD) since the generational bottom. They are reasonably priced plays to invest in continued strength in the housing markets, but I want to emphasize that my entry points are low relative to current share prices.
I haven't done work on Weyerhaeuser (WY), but the lynx-eyed Stephanie Link continues to mention the name on TheStreet and in her appearances on CNBC. Her rationale seems strong.
At the time of publication, Kass was long LOW, HD and TBT common stock; long TBT calls; and short TLT common.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV