I'm In The Military. Are There Any Credit Cards That Give Military Personnel Benefits?
Yes. Because of your service to our country, you're entitled to special service, great rates, amnesty from some penalties, and other exclusive perks from specialized credit card issuers.
Your active duty status qualifies you for some compelling credit card deals. Some of these offers come from lenders who specialize in working with military families. Meanwhile, other lenders have ramped up military programs, often staffed with veterans and other professionals who understand your needs. Some of our favorite military credit card offers include:
- PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express Card. Pentagon Federal Credit Union has become one of the country's largest credit unions, based on a commitment to offering affordable, fair products to military families. Like PenFed's other credit cards, this one carries no foreign transaction fees and a very low APR. This travel rewards card has no annual fee, yet offers substantial rebates on airfare. This is a great card if you or your family have to take frequent international flights.
- Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards. Regardless of your exact branch of the military, the folks at Navy Federal want to offer you a no foreign transaction fee card with Visa Signature perks. You'll get access to concierge teams who can help plan trips, schedule appointments, and manage day-to-day details of your family's life. You can easily cover this card's annual fee by taking advantage of rebates of up to 2 percent on your everyday purchases.
- Chase Military Star Rewards MasterCard. Chase's cash back rewards card for military service members includes a 1 percent rebate on all purchases, with double rebates for purchases you make anywhere on your installation or with a AAFES merchant. Chase will even refund 100 percent of your fees and finance charges incurred during your deployment. With no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee, this card offers a great way to build history with a national lender, even if you're spending most of your time overseas.
Whichever credit card issuer you choose, remember to register your immediate family members as authorized users, so they can take advantage of rebates and benefits while you're on active duty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV