Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation (NYSE: NOR) announced today it has agreed with the United Steelworkers of America (“USW”) to extend the collective bargaining agreement at its aluminum smelter in New Madrid, Missouri. The agreement was set to expire on August 31, 2012. The extension, which expires on September 7, 2012, is needed to allow local USW leadership to bring Noranda’s proposal for a new agreement to a vote by local union membership.
The contract covers approximately 80% of the workforce in New Madrid.
About the Company
Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation is a leading North American
integrated producer of value-added primary aluminum products, as well as
high quality rolled aluminum coils. Noranda is a public company
affiliated with its private equity sponsor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV