Sealed Air (SEE) has been a longstanding leader in food packaging but decided to diversify its business a year ago by paying more than $4 billion to acquire Diversey, which makes a range of cleaning products. Management moved too slowly to deliver on the promised cost cuts and cross-selling synergies. As a result, shares have lost half of their value since early 2011.
Yet on the recent conference call, Sealed Air noted that those gains will soon finally arrive, and they project lower expenses and risings sales. Right now, analysts only buy into the bottom-line forecast: Sales are expected to rise less than 2% (to $8 billion) though EPS is likely to shoot up 40% to around $1.40. Much of the gains should be in the form of free cash flow. That metric is expected to rise from $268 million in 2011 to around $560 million by 2014.
That rising free cash flow should help towards debt paydowns, taking stated book value even higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV