Target Is Hiring: Harder Than Getting Into Harvard?
Target has plenty of disgruntled employees, though, who complain (and sue) about unpaid overtime, write-ups for the tiniest infractions, and being forced to watch anti-union videos. Target's flexible part-time jobs are exactly what millions of unemployed and underemployed Americans want, and the kind of jobs that remain frustratingly scarce.
Of the millions of jobs in the manufacturing and construction industries that vanished in the recession, only a tiny sliver have returned. But the service industries have regained over 70% of their lost jobs. Discount retail is one of the shiny beacons in our bleak times, and Target is one of the stores shining the brightest.
More From AOL Jobs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV