NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- The slow economy is making it hard enough for companies just to live up to analysts' expectations. Yet even with economic headwinds in place, a few companies have been able to keep pounding out great profits -- sometimes far ahead of what analysts had been anticipating.
Of course, many of these "estimate-beaters" end up being rewarded handsomely by investors, and see their shares move up to levels that one would hardly call a bargain. Yet if you dig deep, you can find that rare breed: a company that topped second-quarter profit forecasts by at least 30% -- and that trades for less than nine times projected 2013 profits.
Here are five of them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV